The Geriatric Medicine Centre provides services aimed at preventing, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic geriatric illnesses while attending to any patient rehabilitation, psychological and social need he/she may have to enhance quality of life for the elderly and achieve healthy ageing.
The services provided include:
- preventive assessments, healthcare and treatment advice and follow-up services for the young-old to reduce the risk for hypertension, hyperlipidemia and hyperglycemia in the elderly
- comprehensive one-stop services covering assessments, treatment and rehabilitation and follow-up management for common chronic diseases in the elderly, such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, osteoporosis, falls, respiratory problems, immobility, joint disorders, cognitive disorders, hypertension, diabetes, etc.
- community nursing service
- counseling and support services for the family members and carers of the elderly patients
- home visits, assessments, treatment and follow-up services for patients with mobility difficulties and bedridden patients
- palliative care and end-of-life care services for the terminally-ill patients
- community health care and education activities for the elderly